Saturday, December 20, 2008

Two straight guys trapped in a gay-lesbian affair

Last week, I asked a friend, my high school buddy, to go with me to attend a launching of a new publication, Ketchup Magazine, on Dec. 18. I thought it was another sexy magazine for men because the image in the invitation depicts two seductive women in their lingerie. (By the way, thanks to Mr. And Mrs. Joseph Yu for the invites.)

In a nutshell, we went to the event which was held at The Library in Malate, Manila. We arrived at around 9:00pm. The front desk staff advised us that the main show had just finished. Nevertheless, we proceeded inside the venue. But we were surprised to learn that we were actually attending a gay-lesbian affair. Ketchup Magazine is a publication designed for the third sex – homosexuals, bisexuals and transgenders. And we've seen a lot of them roaming about and socializing with one another inside the venue hall.

Now, we suddenly became conscious and paranoid that we felt like being regarded as one of them.

After taking some pictures of the models still on-stage for the photo-ops, we hurriedly left the hall and proceeded to the buffet area. Although, the usual guest accommodation and hospitality accorded to us by the events staff made us a bit comfortable; however, it somehow made us all the more feel uneasy. What if someone out there who knew us, saw us in the event and made a big fuss out of it?

To relinquish our dire situation, we just went with the flow of events so as not to be out-of-place. We happily conversed with some of the models and staff. I also took snapshots every now and then while I and my buddy enjoyed our flavored vodka and sumptuous hors d' oeuvres.

By the way, I'm blogging this new experience to make the record straight. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi there , wow!!really useful post! me and my boyfriend too watch twinks